Tuesday, January 6, 2009

No One Can Fix You

Greetings out there in the series of tubes known as the interwebs.

For those of you who haven't heard, my first one-man show is in full swing and will debut in Chicago on February 20th. I'm currently whipping myself into shape to ensure the show is as good as I know it can be.

If you're in Chicago, I implore you to check it out. It's easily the best and most important thing I've ever done. If you don't live in Chicago (or can't travel there in February, you lazy prick) don't worry. There are already talk of bringing to other cities including Seattle, Minneapolis, Columbus, Dallas, and New York City.

For those of you who have asked or are wondering, my current profile pic is the promo shot for all the posters and other printed material. Just imagine: me in my drawers pasted all over this great land! My mother is very proud and I'm working on making a wallet-sized shot so she can show her Bridge Group. Really, who needs grandkids when you can show your everyone your son's timid bulge?

Here's the official show description:

After touring extensively for years throughout the US and Canada, renowned performance poet and humorist, J.W. Baz presents No One Can Fix You: a one-man dramedy about sex, drugs and poetry. On the wings of his raucous live shows, Baz has developed a reputation as one of spoken word's most exciting characters and now presents his first full-length stage play right here in Chicago. Laced with poetry, humor, and some extraordinarily awkward stories, No One Can Fix You is a hilarious and poignant account of the author's trials in love and addiction. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll be glad none of it happened to you.

Friday, February 20th, 8PM
Saturday, February 21st, 8PM
Friday, February 27th, 8PM
Saturday, February 28th, 8PM

All seats $12. 2-for-1 admission with Student ID

For tickets call (773) 598-4549 or visit GorillaTango.com

Gorilla Tango Theater
1919 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Just off the Western Blue Line

No comments:

Post a Comment